2.28.2013

Day 28 - I Did It!

The last day of the month has come!  Finally my fun-a-day for February is complete!  Here is my very last project (for this month long project anyway)!


How about that beautiful little country prom dress!?  Probably should have just left it.


More views of my new dress.  I had the fabric for the top part laying around, I think I bought it 2 years ago.  I didn't have a specific project in mind for it when I bought it, but it matched so perfectly with the peachy orange of my rockin' 90's prom dress.

So this picture totally looks staged, and it was a little... but both my boyfriend and I have been busy little bees all month and we split some wine to celebrate!  This is just a break while he took pictures of me.  Who could blame us?  This month was tough.  However, very very rewarding.

For this dress I ripped off the top part of the dress (probably will refashion that at another time), and kept the zipper in tact.  I drafted the patterns for the bodice and cut out the new bodice.  I sewed the new bodice together and attached that to the bottom half.  Then I hemmed the bottom half to my liking as well.  I know, probably too much with the bottom longer in the back, but I just really like that for multi-layer skirts!  Perfect for this one.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and complementary during this project!  It really kept me chugging at 2 AM.  Also, thanks to Alex and Sarry for taking a million pictures of me (cause I hate being in front of the camera).  Stay tuned for lots more creativity!

Total Time: 5 Hours
Total Money Spent: $3
Outcome: Art Show Dress

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3/01/2013

    I'm going to miss this. :(

    -Amy D.

    ReplyDelete