2.07.2013

Polka Dots & Day 7.

Alright, so this was a major overhaul.  This dress took me close to 5 hours, but the good news is I love it!  It would just figure that I would spend 5 hours on something I hated or that didn't fit me, or worse that I had ripped in the process or something... but not today!  It looks so good!

Well, I'll let you decide.

Day 7 Before & After!


Yay!  What do you think?  So much better right?





More views of my new polka dot vintage dress.  I'm in love.


Let's see, where to begin on this one.

Well I cut the bottom skirt off, then I cut about 5 inches off the waist and took about 3 inches off both sides of the skirt.  I added darts to the back of the skirt and the front and back of the bodice.  Then I made darts at the top of the bodice to make it more form fitting and made straps out of the remainder of the fabric.  Lots of work!  It looks totally different though and it was well worth my time if I do say so myself.

Total Time:  4 Hours 45 Min.
Total Money Spent: $0 (My Momma got it for me, I think from a friend?  I'm not sure, but free for me!)
Outcome:  Polka Dot Party Dress


Thanks Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment