2.19.2013

Day 19 - Tailoring A Blazer.

This blazer I got a long time ago because I loved the emblem and had visions of grandeur when I bought it.  Having had my eye on the black Ralph Lauren blazer for $80 at Macy's I thought, I could do that (for much cheaper)!

In actuality, it sat in my studio forever collecting dust and becoming a cat pillow.

Until now!  I finally did it!


Yay!  My blazer is now much more stylish and without the giant shoulder pads that once lived in the 90s before version.


Much cuter right?  It would be perfect over a maxi dress or shorts in the summer.  Can't wait!




So this required a lot of seam ripping and taking in.  I took out the lining, then I took in the back seam, side seams, shoulders, and sleeves.  After that I sewed the lining back in (by hand = ick), and called it a night.  I'm sure there was an easier way to do this, but live and learn right?

Sorry for all the looking down in these pictures - not much in the photo mood today.  These things happen.  Also, I'm super sleepy.

Night night!

Total Time: 4 Hours
Total Money Spent: $2
Outcome: Ralph Lauren Sass Blazer

No comments:

Post a Comment