2.08.2013

Come On Bring It & Day 8.

Well the storm has hit us!  It's really not that bad, at least not yet... but it has blanketed Buffalo in a beautiful fresh clean snow which is always welcome.  I would have to say there is nothing I hate more than dirty gross piles of snow, or worse... mud everywhere.  Ick.  We really haven't gotten that much snow this winter either so it's fine be me.  As long as Spring gets its act together on schedule (and that is a big if).

Anyway, I worked both jobs today and both were quite slow due to the weather, but it still didn't give me much time to work on my project today.

This is what I pulled together post work day;


Like all of my Before dresses they need a good ironing, but regardless you get the idea!


I had a plan for this dress since the day I bought it (a year ago summer?).  Even though it sat there for a while in my studio, I'm glad I kept it around.


Although it's hard to see, there is a slit up the left side of the dress.  I wanted the bottom to be a pencil skirt which means you have to add a skirt if you want to walk, which I do prefer to do in my clothes.  The M-slit is really popular this spring, but I'm not really into the double slit.  I will stick to the side slit myself.  It's sexy without being too provocative.

All I did to this dress is lay one of my pencil skirts over the bottom part of the dress and cut!  I did have to rip out the zipper and put that back in, but overall it was a pretty easy change.  Also relatively quick - definitely necessary for a night like tonight.

Total Time: 1 Hour
Total Money Spent: $4
Outcome:  Flattering Pencil Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment