2.26.2013

Day 26, A New Tank.

Well, I was really at a loss as to what to do today...so this is pretty much all I could come up with.


I really just hated this dress.  I actually bought it eons ago and wore it as is for awhile.  It's been one of those dresses that just sits around at the bottom of drawers forever, and today, mostly because I'm out of refashioning items, I dug it out.  I thought the only way I would really wear this was if I made it into a shirt.  Something about the dress was just not cutting it for me.


But I actually am really happy with the way it turned out.  It's both a perfect lazy reading day shirt (which is exactly what I did today), as well as a good yoga shirt.

Now I will finally wear this red number that I've hated for probably the better part of 4 years.



So for this dress I cut off the bottom part and shaped it to be about 2 inches shorter in the front then in the back.  I didn't hem the bottom because I wanted it to have the natural hem that knits have, basically to not be too stiff.  I cut off the ruffle from the neckline and armholes and hemmed those shut using my new machine!

Drum roll please...

My Mema & Papa gave me a brand new overlock machine (or serger) today as an early birthday gift! It makes everything look more professional, and really it's just a better quality finished project.  Thank you so much you two!

Here it is!


Yay!  Isn't it beautiful!?

That brings my sewing machine count up to 4... good thing I have ample studio space.  Ample for now anyway.

They also just celebrated their 69th Wedding Anniversary!  Can you believe that?  They are still together and living just the two of them, and are two of the most amazing people I've ever known.  Such kind, sweet and unbelievably loving and supportive grandparents.  I'm a lucky gal.

Absolute bombshells they are.
This picture is hanging on my inspiration wall in my studio to remind me of how wonderful my family is, and to inspire me when nothing else does.  Thank you so much Mema & Papa!

2 comments:

  1. Deidre2/28/2013

    I'm so jealous of your new serger! And that you get to see Mema and Papa. I love that picture of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! It's my absolute favorite of them! And the serger is so extremely wonderful. I'm not quite sure how I did all my other projects without it....

    ReplyDelete