1.10.2013

A Little Bit of This, and a Little Bit of Middle Earth.

Guess what I just saw tonight?!  No, it wasn't Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D, good guess though.

The Hobbit! (A month late - I know, I know.)

And I really enjoyed it.  It was exactly what I wanted from that movie and it made me so weirdly nostalgic for my youth.  Both reading the books and watching the movies was such a prominent memory of mine...even listening to the score from the movies.  Don't judge me.

On second thought, do judge me - I saw The Two Towers 4 times in the theater.  A grand total of 12 hours spent watching the same movie within the same month... I just love them!

Alright alright, but what really inspired me this time around was the use of luxurious heavy fabrics and leathers.  It just makes me want to bundle up and wear nothing but those beautiful velvets and make gorgeous carpetbag style handbags.

So much texture & depth from every costume.
What I'm really trying to say is that I'm currently having camera issues so I cannot post what I made this week - which is a lovely scarf!  Photos to come as soon as I can fix the issue at hand.  Also, I'm a giant nerd.  

I'll just leave you on this note;
Beard Necklace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment